-American Declaration of
Every single individual has the right to secede. Every American has the legacy of the American Revolution to inspire, guide, and justify their secession. Every individual of conscience has the moral obligation to throw off any government that destroys their lives, liberties, and their chances at happiness. Given this, it is the right and moral obligation of the people of the Blue Ridge Mountains to alter and abolish our ties to the
Our region has a unique history. This is irrelevant, as every region has a unique history. Those who would base their secession upon a region’s or a people’s unique character would deny it to regions and peoples that do not share that unique character. Let me be clear: I believe anyone and everyone, from
We have many reasons to secede from the
- With its insane and illegal wars.
- With its police shooting and tasering whenever they can get away with it.
- With the incompetent mismanagement of the environment it claims dominion over.
- Through propping up bad businesses and monopolizing others.
- Through unjust taxes.
- Through a fraudulent fiat currency system.
- By declaring peaceful activities with no victims to be heinous crimes.
- By creating a climate of fear and suspicion.
- By slowly turning us from free individuals into slaves of the State.
These are all good reasons to secede from the
Some Common Questions
- Is living in the
really so bad? - Yes. It would be worse to live in most other places. That does not excuse how unacceptable the US has become. US
- Why don’t you leave, if you hate it here? - Because I don’t hate it here. I love this culture, these people, and this land. It is my love that drives me to secede from a government that is killing what I love.
- Can’t we just vote the bums out? - No. Politicians have become a class of predatory aristocrats, and no sifting through the scum for the least offensive gangster-in-chief will produce the change we need. No, not even Ron Paul.
- Don’t we need the rest of
? - We need the farmer in America Nebraska, the scientist in California, and the writer in . We don’t need the thugs and bureaucrats from any state. Besides, this empire will fall. When it does, we need to be out from under it. Alabama
- Don’t you remember the last time someone tried to secede? - Might does not make right. We are not the Confederacy. Fear is a lousy decision-maker.
- Do you really think this could work? Yes. While nothing is certain, we have the knowledge and the resources right now to pull this off. More than that, the US Empire has never been more tightly stretched, or more dangerous to its own citizens. If we don’t start this today, we may not survive tomorrow. Besides What better place than here? What better time than now?
The Blue Ridge Autonomous Zone needs a decentralized, polycentric government, rather than the centralized, corporative monopoly we currently have. The necessary functions of any government are more responsive, efficient, and innovative when individuals are allowed to choose the function that best suits them from among multiple providers. Such a system would focus on preventing real injury to real people and property, and would ignore mythical enemies abroad and harmless substances at home.
Just as the governments of the past no longer meet the needs of today, the tactics of the past no longer meet the needs of the 21st Century revolutionary. Opposing a government, that has refined violence to a ridiculous degree, with violence is in itself ridiculous. The Blue Ridge Autonomous Zone adopts two tactics to succeed in secession: Counter-Economics and the Temporary Autonomous Zone.
Counter-Economics is the study and/or practice of all peaceful human action which is forbidden by the State. We must establish alternative institutions to the state-enforced monopolies now in place, such as law enforcement and currency. These institutions also include industries heavily regulated by the
We must also promote peaceful actions the
The Temporary Autonomous Zone (TAZ) is a socio-political tactic for creating temporary spaces that elude formal structures of control. It is insurrection through celebration.
The single greatest obstacle to the Blue Ridge seceding is not the might and ruthlessness of the United States of America; It is inability of the average subject of the American Empire to recognize their right to secede, and their ability to live and thrive without the US. The TAZ’s will be a series of unmediated social interactions that will illustrate these two points for the populace. They will grow in size and intensity, until their point of view is dominant, and we live in a free and autonomous
If you are interested in more information on Counter-Economics, Temporary Autonomous Zones, and the Blue Ridge Independence Committee, please contact us at:
John L Robinson